Lakeland School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
| Login
Lakeland School District - Learning Today. Leading Tomorrow.             Let's Go TRIBE!!!
Parents and Students » Enrollment & Registration » District Enrollment Guidelines

District Enrollment Guidelines

The Lakeland School District is now accepting online registrations and student information updates.  Parents who desire to enroll a prospective student in a Lakeland school are required to complete the registration process and provide all required documents prior to being admitted, even if other students in the household attend the Lakeland School District.  Enrollment information and required documentation can be found below.
Student Registration Links
To access the Lakeland School District's online registration tool, please click on this link.  Please be aware that completing the online registration tool will require you to upload all required documentation.  Those wishing to complete and submit the paper Student Registration Packet may download it by clicking on this link.

A child should be permitted to attend school on the next school day after the day on which the child is presented for enrollment, and in all cases within five (5) business days of the school district’s receipt of the required documentation. 22 Pa. Code §11.11(b).

Required Documentation Needed for Enrollment

1) Proof of child’s age (One of the following is required)
Acceptable documentation includes (the following are examples and not a conclusive list):
    • Child’s original birth certificate;
    • Notarized copy of the child’s birth certificate;
    • Child’s valid passport;
    • Original baptismal certificate indicating the child’s date of birth;
    • Copy of the record of baptism – notarized or duly certified and showing the date of birth Notarized statement from the parents or another relative indicating the date of birth Prior school records indicating the date of birth
2) Immunization Record (One of the following is required)
Acceptable documentation includes the child’s immunization record;
    • A written statement from the former school district or from a medical office that the required immunizations have been administered, or that a required series is in progress;
    • Verbal assurances from the former school district or a medical office that the required immunizations have been completed, with records to follow.


Exemption from immunization

Medical exemption. Children need not be immunized if a physician or the physician’s designee provides a written statement that immunization may be detrimental to the health of the child. When the physician determines that immunization is no longer detrimental to the health of the child, the child shall be immunized according to this subchapter.

Religious exemption. Children need not be immunized if the parent, guardian or emancipated child objects in writing to the immunization on religious grounds or on the basis of a strong moral or ethical conviction similar to a religious belief.

 Please note: If a student has just started a series for each type of shot, they may be enrolled. The student must be in the process and keeping up with the timeline of the series (e.g. student just got shot one and he/she will get shot two in thirty days from shot one). Please click here to view the PA Immunization Requirements for School Entry.


3) Proof of Address (Two are required)

One of the following must be provided as proof of residency:

      • Deed
      • Monthly Mortgage Statement
      • Property Tax Bill (current year)
      • Valid Lease Agreement


One of the following must be presented as supporting documentation:

      • Valid Driver’s License or Change of Address card with current district address
      • Valid Government Issued Photo ID card
      • Computer-generated utility bill showing name and address (cable, electric, gas,
        cellphone) dated within thirty (30) days
      • Court Order
      • Post Office official change of address form
      • Social Security Office correspondence with current address
      • W-2 form/Employer Pay Stub

*All documents being presented, unless specified above, need to be CURRENT (within 3 months) of the registration date.


Special Residency Circumstances

A) Student Is Living With a Resident Adult other than a Parent

When a child is living with a district resident, who is supporting the child without personal compensation, the child may attend the public schools of that resident’s school district, provided that resident makes application and supplies the required enrollment information.

In addition, before accepting the child as a student, the district shall require the resident to file the following: Educational Guardianship Form from the resident of the school district consistent with the requirements of 24 P.S. §13-1302(a)(2), indicating that the signer is a resident of the school district, is supporting the child without receiving personal compensation, that the child is living with the resident continuously and not just for the school year, and that the resident will accept all responsibilities relating to the child’s schooling.


Educational Guardianship Process:

    1. Click on the below links, print out the forms and complete in their entirety.
      1. Educational Guardianship Form - Current Parent/Legal Guardian
      2. Educational Guardianship Form - Person Receiving Educational Guardianship
    2. Get the documents notarized.
    3. All parties listed on the document must come to the District office with appropriate photo identification and proof of residency for an interview with the registrar.
    4. Once completed and the interview satisfies the registrar, the student can enroll.

B) Student & Parent/Guardian Is Living With a District Resident

If a parent/legal guardian are living with another district resident, a Multiple Occupancy Residency Affidavit can be completed by the parent/legal guardian, AND District resident, and processed at the District Office.

General Guidelines

    1. Take the completed and notarized form to the District Office.
    2. For safety and accountability reasons, the following supporting documentation are required. 
      1. Parent/Legal Guardian Identification
      2. Owner/Tenant Proof of Identification

Acceptable identification includes:

      • Current Driver's License/ Non-Driver's license.
      • Valid Federal, State or Municipal employment photo identification.
      • Passport

The Owner/Tenant must provide two (2) proofs of residency documents showing his or her name and address. See #3 for acceptable proofs of residency.


4) Parent Registration Discipline Statement (Transfer students only)

A sworn statement attesting to whether the student has been or is suspended or expelled for offenses involving drugs, alcohol, weapons, infliction of injury or violence on school property must be  provided for a student to be admitted to any school entity.  24 P.S. §13-1304-A. A school may not deny or delay a child’s school enrollment based on the information contained in a disciplinary record or sworn statement. However, if a student is currently expelled for a weapons offense, the school can provide the student with alternative education services during the period of expulsion. 24 P.S. § 13-1317.2(e.1) If the disciplinary record or sworn statement indicates the student has been expelled from a school in which he was previously enrolled, for reasons other than a weapons offense, it is recommended the school review the student's prior performance and school record to determine the services and supports to be provided upon enrollment in the district.


5) Home Language Survey

All students seeking first time enrollment in a school shall be given a home language survey in according with requirements of the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights. Enrollment of the student may not be delayed in order to administer the Home Language Survey.


Additional Requested Documentation

6) Identification
7) Health Records
8) Custody Statement
9) DHS Placement Letters (Foster care/Court-placed only)
10) IEP (if applies)
11) Media Release
12) Emergency Contact Information
13) Acceptable Use Policy (for network access)
14) Responsible Use Guidelines (for BYOD, grade 7-12 only)