Lifeline is a federal program that lowers the monthly cost of phone and internet. Eligible customers will get up to $9.25 toward their bill. You can only use Lifeline for either phone or internet, but not both. To get Lifeline, find a company near you visit https://www.lifelinesupport.org/
Xfinity Internet Essentials
Internet Essentials is a starter program that provides families and other low-income households in-home Internet and more to stay connected. Xfinity Internet customers are not eligible for Internet Essentials.
Spectrum to offer students free internet amid COVID-19 school closures. To enroll in the program, call 1-844-488-8395.
- We'll partner with school districts to make sure local communities are aware of these tools to help students learn remotely.
- We'll open our WiFi hotspots across our footprint for public use.
- We'll continue to offer Spectrum Internet Assist, our high-speed broadband program to eligible low-income households.
- We'll offer new free access to internet and WiFi for 60 days for new PreK-12, college student and educator (PreK-12 teachers and college/university professors) households who don't currently have internet or WiFi service, and at any service level up to 100 Mbps.
- We won't terminate service for residential or small business customers who face difficult economic circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Similarly, we won't charge late fees for those customers facing difficult economic circumstances related to the pandemic.
- As always, we do not have data caps or hidden fees.
- No installation fees for any new students accounts, even if it is a NO Drop.
- Discounted standalone rate for 15Mb of $24.99.
- Students that reside in a home with a previous bad debt, will still be eligible.
The parent of the student will be required to sign a rental agreement for all equipment.